general conference + my testimony.

1:25 PM

Within the last 2 days, I've listened to 8 hours of General Conference...and boy oh boy it has been wonderful! Yesterday my Momma & I were lucky enough to get to watch both sessions in the Conference Center. No matter where I watch it, I can always feel the sweet spirit of truth testifying to me that the words I'm hearing are truth.


^^This year, in trying to have the best possible experience with General Conference, I decided to do some preparation. I decided on 3 Nephi 17:3 as my 'theme' for the conference.


^^Momma & I in Salt Lake yesterday.

^^Notes from this morning's session. SO MUCH GOODNESS.
I know that the words I heard this weekend are words of God, through the mouths of those he has called to do his work. I know that this church is the only completely true and living church on this earth. I know that my loving savior, Jesus Christ, suffered for me—he suffered for my pains, my fears, my struggles, my weaknesses, my embarrassments, and my feelings of inadequacy. I know that God sent Joseph Smith to restore His church upon this earth. I know that each Sunday as I partake of the Sacrament, I renew those covenants I made at baptism. I know that families can live together forever and that my parents were sealed for eternity on May 30, 1987 in the Salt Lake Temple. I know that the blessings of the temple extend beyond our earthly life, and that the work I do in the temple is to help those that have passed on receive the blessings that I have been able to receive while on this earth. I know that as I have questions and concerns about my life, the church, and those around me, I can reach out to my Father in Heaven and he will comfort me and tell me everything that I need to know at this time. I know that in order to return to him someday and receive those blessings I’ve been promised, I need to faithfully live the commandments and seek to serve in my everyday life. I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I’m grateful for the knowledge and testimony that I have been able to gain while being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.





You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images