attitude of happiness.

7:42 PM

Tonight I was encouraged by a friend to read

Teachings of the Presidents: Gordon B. Hinckley

Chapter 3: Cultivating an Attitude of Happiness and a Spirit of Optimism

and I'm sooo glad I did. I've always been a fan and supporter of President Hinckley, but with his death when I was 10 years old I know I didn't gain all the understanding from him that I would like to.

If you have a few minutes, PLEASE take the time to go read this. I promise you will spiritually uplifted & edified.


A few (ookay, perhaps more than 'a few') of my favorite thoughts from that wonderful man...

"Keep trying. Be believing. Be happy. Don’t get discouraged. Things will work out."

"I come … with a plea that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I’m suggesting that we accentuate the positive. I’m asking that we look a little deeper for the good, that we still our voices of insult and sarcasm, that we more generously compliment virtue and effort."

"How magnificently we are blessed! How thankful we ought to be! … Cultivate a spirit of thanksgiving for the blessing of life and for the marvelous gifts and privileges each of us enjoy. "

"We live in the fulness of times. Mark that phrase. Mark the word fulness. It denotes all of [the] good that has been gathered together [from] the past and restored to earth in this final dispensation."

"In all of living have much of fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured."

"Don’t belittle yourself. Never forget that you are a child of God. You have a divine birthright. Something of the very nature of God is within you."

"Believe in yourself. Believe in your capacity to do great and good things. Believe that no mountain is so high that you cannot climb it. Believe that no storm is so great that you cannot weather it. … You are a child of God, of infinite capacity."

^^don't you want to grow up to be like Gordon B. Hinckley? I sure do.

xoxo,
had.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images