coming unto christ.

7:32 AM

As I take time to reflect upon the year that has passed, I recognize the immense amount of strength and knowledge I have gained with the help of my Savior, Jesus Christ.

The 2014 Youth Theme from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints was Moroni 10:32, "...come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness." As we would stand up each week and recite this scripture, I would feel the encouragement to keep forging ahead.

A few things in 2014 that have been catalysts on my journey to Come Unto Christ include:

-Attending the temple as often as I can (most often the Provo Temple, but we tried to go on trips and other outings to visit nearby temples and it was amazing).
-Writing my testimony in a Book of Mormon and then giving it to a close friend who was moving away from Provo.
-Studying The Book of Mormon (2013-14 school year) and The Doctrine & Covenants (2014-15 school year) in Seminary.
-Using different forms of social media to briefly share my beliefs.
-Attending a 'Book of Mormon Marathon' this summer and getting to read the Book of Mormon, cover-to-cover in 26.2 hours.
-Getting to be a part of Provo High's production of, 'Waiting for Godot' and recognizing where I stand and how to better live my life.
-Having the opportunity to learn and then teach the young women in my ward 'The Living Christ.'

I'm so grateful for the people I met, the friendships I gained, and the relationship with my Savior that I have been able to strengthen.

I'm excited to start this new year full of new opportunities and challenges and see how much closer I'll be able to come to my Savior in 2015.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images