Alliterations.

2:04 PM

al·lit·er·a·tion

[uh-lit-uh-rey-shuhn]
noun
1. the commencement of two or more stressed syllables of a word group either with the same consonant sound or sound group (consonantal alliteration)  as in from stem to stern,  or with a vowel sound that may differ from syllable to syllable (vocalic alliteration)  as in each to all.  Compare consonance (  def 4a ) .
2. the commencement of two or more words of a word group with the same letter, as in apt alliteration's artful aid.

Hiccups, Hiking, Hurting...Sightseeing in Steamboat Springs. It seems like my whole life is filled with alliterations these days!

Hiccups: I have this thing...I literally get the hiccups about six times a week. When I was babysitting Kennedy one time last week, she got the hiccups and had them for a REALLY long time! I think baby hiccups are the most adorable things...and it was making me laugh so stinkin' hard. :)
 Hiking: As you may or may not know...I am not one to go on hikes all that often. This summer, though, it feels like I have been on my fair share of hikes for the few weeks we've been out of school! I have "hiked" (okay...it's more like an uphill stroll...but I'm still counting it) up to Bridal Veil Falls twice and went on another hike up past Seven Peaks (not sure what the name of the trail was that we took). It has been really great to put myself out of my comfort zone a few times and enjoy this beautiful world that God has given us! I especially love when I get to see the sunset from a different place than I normally do. :)
Hurting: Oh, my white family...the first day of our vacation (see the next alliteration for more details) we went out to swim but realized we forgot to bring sunscreen. Silly us...we went out anyway! Coming back in after two hours of being out in the sun, we quickly realized just how sunburned we all really were. We all look like tomatoes...and let me tell you; we are all hurting.

Sightseeing in Steamboat Springs: My family decided it would be fun to get away for the 4th, and we ended up agreeing on Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Madi & McKay came with us on Monday morning, and we're excited for Cole, April, & Kennedy Lou to meet up with us tonight! It will be fun to have the whole gang together on vacation. :) This city is so precious! We got to walk down Main Street yesterday and experience the cuteness of the town. I love it here. I'm excited to explore more of it the rest of this week!
Thank you for letting me share my alliterations with you! Hope you're doing splendid. ♥

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I totally just discovered that I was "following" your old blog and not your new one! This one is super cute. Glad to have found it!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images