It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas...

8:46 AM

6 days and counting.

I don't think the fact that Christmas is less than a week has actually hit me yet. I don't know what it is, but even though I've been jamming out to Christmas music and have had a countdown as my banner on my phone since October, it just doesn't feel like Christmas! ...something is seriously wrong.

I really do love Christmas time, though. Christmas lights, hot cocoa while bundled up, Christmas music, nativities everywhere, watching snowflakes fall to the ground (while i'm inside...warm), getting to see family I haven't seen in way too long, caroling, and just the overall good feeling everyone gets when Christmas comes around.

I feel like Christmas time is a time for everyone to join together and serve. At my high school, we had a canned food drive and we raised over 40,000 items for the Food & Care Coalition in our valley! Amazing what high schoolers can work together to achieve. For a young women activity in my church we helped make humanitarian kits to send over to different countries in Africa. As a member of the National Honors Society I was able to go over with a group of other students and sing Christmas Carols at the hospital across the street from our school. For a combined young men & young women activity in my church we went around to different houses in our neighborhood and sang Christmas Carols to those that would appreciate it most. I love that I've been able to be a part of all these wonderful acts of service this Christmas.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images